WORK STUDY - Career Closet Intern
The Career Closet is a resource started in October 2013 that assists students in creating a professional wardrobe for interviews and jobs. Students are able to shop in the Career Closet anytime Career & Professional Development is open. Items you may find in the closet include: suits, pants, skirts, dresses, ties, belts and tops. The Career Closet Intern helps manage the day-to-day operations and organization of the Career Closet.
• Create and manage in-take system for donated clothing
• Sort, classify, and organize clothing items
• Provide input about the physical layout and furnishing of the Closet space
• Coordinate merchandising, displays and special promotions
• Assist students with clothing selection and care of professional attire
• Prepare reports that summarize usage and other program metrics
• Assist Career Advisors with new clothing drive initiatives
• Assist in identifying new content that is needed on the web for a variety of customers
• Present general services to groups about Career Services
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Good attention to detail
• Database management skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Self-motivated, proactive, and team-oriented attitude
• Knowledge or interest in apparel and textiles
All majors will be considered but students with an interest in sales, retail, merchandise, supply chain, communications, marketing, design are encouraged to apply.
Hours for this position will work 5-10 hours a week.
• The student will engage in exploring many different delivery methods in outreaching to different constituents by using critical thinking and creativity in implementing the Career Closet.
• The student will demonstrate strong oral communication through presenting to a wide range of groups and articulating resources available to current students.
• The student will exemplify good written communication skills through writing web-based presentations for professional staff, updating web content, and creating flash emails for students.
• The student will strengthen their customer service skill sets working with a diverse student population.
• The student will work in a fast-paced environment with a team of professionals working towards a common mission in serving all constituents of Career Services.