Social Media/Marketing Intern
UW Oshkosh Career & Professional Development is searching for a student with strong writing skills and a good working knowledge of social media resources and marketing tactics. This person will demonstrate their creativity and technological savvy through communicating with Career & Professional Development's constituents regarding career events, information and opportunities via Career & Professional Development's social media accounts, website, tabling, and other methods. The person in this position must be highly ethical, excellent at multitasking, and possess strong communication skills.
They should have the desire to uphold high ethical standards and build their existing marketing and communication skills. The Social Media Intern must be detail oriented with the ability to work in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment. A strong working knowledge of social media resources Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Flickr, YouTube, WordPress and computer software packages (including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) Handshake, web browsers, and video recording/editing equipment is desired. This position will work 10 hours per week.
- have a Journalism/Marketing/Communications/English/Interactive Web Management background (any major will be considered if meet other requirements)
- be proficient with using social media and MS Office
- strong sales skills
- attention to detail and ability to plan/schedule
- ability to speak to groups small and large
- excellent written communication skills required
- knowledge of Handshake
- have a minimum of one year of schooling left before graduation (students with only one semester of availability will not be considered)
Candidates must have had at least one or more journalism, marketing, advanced writing or other writing related course.
The social media intern will:
70% Update and maintain Career & Professional Development social media platforms to serve audiences:
- manage posts to our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Flickr, LinkedIn, etc.
- assist in the marketing of events and services by using social media platforms, tabling across campus, using calendar systems, etc.
- edit and create content geared to the promotion of Career & Professional Development to students, faculty and employers using written and photographic content
- use analytics to demonstrate effectiveness and plan future strategies/posts
- develop marketing plans/create new tactics in reaching/building our target demographics
- ensure communication via social media and status of accounts complies with University branding policies
- assist in creating and maintaining links among Career & Professional Development and partner offices social media accounts and websites
- communicate with Career & Professional Development staff on planning, status, and results of social media campaigns in coordination with supervisor and Director of Career & Professional Development
- participate in staffing our head shot booth at the career fair and in office during mock interview events
- be available for events to assist when possible
30% Special Projects
• Assist supervisor and professional staff with projects
• Present general services to groups
- Collaborate with the other members of the Career & Professional Development Marketing Team in creating videos, blogs, content, etc.