Environmental Studies STEP Student Assistant
For the past several years, ES has hired a Student Advising Mentor to meet with newly declared majors to describe for them the ES program, to help them make initial decisions about the major, and to introduce them to the many ways of getting involved in the ES Program on- and off-campus. This position requires strong inter-personal and oral communication skills, teamwork, and a knowledge of sustainability and its applications.
- Advise new ES majors concerning the ES curriculum
- Give students initial advising on choice of classes and on- and off-campus extracurricular activities Hold regular office hours and be able to meet with students who cannot make those hours
- Keep an Excel record of the students advised and their general interests and goals, and email that record to the ES director every two weeks
- Meet with director at the beginning and ending of every semester
- Represent the program at Preview Days and other events
Other responsibilities: Maintain the Environmental Studies program website (e.g., posting information on course offerings, student opportunities, etc.) with the possibility of additional social media work on the program's Facebook page.
Preference will be given to UW Oshkosh Environmental Studies majors/minors and students with knowledge of WordPress. Please email resume and cover letter to Kim Bullington (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include "ES STEP Position" in the title of your email.