Radio TV Film Production & Engineering Assistant
- Assist Broadcast Operations Manager in maintenance and upgrades of Radio TV Film production facilities.
- Assist the TV General Manager services to produce, shoot, and edit RTF video productions.
- Attend remote broadcast productions to assist in engineering the event.[CA1]
- Assist in operation and repair of non-linear editors and computer workstations for RTF classes and student activities.
- Assist in maintaining media and workstation content on a routine basis.
- Develop and help maintain records of RTF IT and computer systems.
- Assist Radio TV Film professors and staff in classroom and special project management.[CA2]
- Learn and analyze media management and potential storage and workflow issues on RTF post-production systems. Develop solutions for those issues.
- Provide production support for RTF faculty, staff, and students including training equipment and facilities.
- Help service and maintain RTF equipment and facilities including camera, lighting, and sound equipment.
- Organize and maintain the RTF archive including cataloging and transferring of archival material.[CA3]
- Manage checkout facilities as assigned by Broadcast Operations Manager.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Current UWO student enrolled in at least six credits.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Must have a technical aptitude and good organizational skills
- Must have understanding of tv/film production equipment and facilities.
- Must be able to lift 25-40 pounds.
- Having a willingness to help fellow students and an enthusiasm for RTF activities a plus.
- RTF 250 Introduction to Visual Media and RTF 306/260 Introduction to Post-Production classes