STEP Social Media & Digital Marketing Intern
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Application Expiration: Open Until Filled
The UARC is looking to hire an undergraduate student with excellent verbal and written communication, technical, organizational and problem solving skills. This student will help the UARC communicate with students more effectively using online tools, which include updating and maintaining the UARC website. The intention of this project is to reach out to students to increase their engagement and ultimately their performance and retention at UW Oshkosh.
Estimated hours per week: 4-5 Number of Weeks: 12-16
Qualifications for the Position:
- Earned at least 45 credits (preferred) with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Experience using Social Media, MS Office, Google programs preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative, reliable
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management skills
Job Duties/Position Description:
- Update and maintain UARC website to communicate necessary information to students and faculty/staff users. The UARC website has an extremely high volume of use, showing the importance of having someone to keep information up to date and relevant.
- Collaborate with supervisor in developing and executing a schedule of social media campaigns to supplement UARC marketing, communications, and distribution of information.
- Collaborate with UMC to ensure communication via social media and status of accounts complies with University branding policies.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample (blog, website, article, graded paper, etc.)
- Contact information for two references (at least one on-campus reference)
How to apply
Please submit required application materials via Handshake or by email to: