Titan Gold Core Ambassador and Tour Guide
TITAN GOLD CORE AMBASSADOR
Student Ambassadors for the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
The following are the most common job responsibilities associated with this position:
- Lead between 2 and 4 campus tours per week, plus work up to 5 Saturday mornings each semester (approximately 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on Saturday).
- Work and give tours over the three-week J-term and May-term sessions.
- Assist with additional campus tour requests for special group visits, campus preview days and other recruitment events.
ADMISSIONS RECEPTION DUTIES
- Assist the Admissions front desk reception staff and other staff in projects and administrative duties. Total scheduled time commitment per week, including tours, is approximately 12 hours.
- Answer phone calls, interact with on-campus guests, send emails, process mail and participate in some data entry / data verification.
CORRESPOND WITH PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS
- Be involved in social media initiatives within the admissions office: post to social media groups, write blogs, take photos, etc., daily.
MISCELLANEOUS DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Accompany admissions counselors on high school visits / college fair visits as schedule permits.
- Other duties as assigned by the admissions office.
To be considered for the position, you must:
- Be a full-time UW Oshkosh, Oshkosh campus student
- Support the University's commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Have at least one year of experience living in a university residence hall or willing to live in a residence hall during the first year in the position
- Enjoy public speaking
- Be comfortable working with diverse groups of students and guests
- Maintain a cumulative collegiate GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership potential
- Be comfortable using social media to communicate with prospective students
- Be involved in on-campus extracurricular activities
- Be free of disciplinary sanctions and/or convictions
- LOVE UW Oshkosh!
Students who are selected as one of the seven Titan Gold Core Ambassadors will receive:
- Cost equivalent of room and board, as well as $300 Titan Dollars ($200 in fall semester, $100 in spring semester) for books and Titan apparel. The compensation package is based upon residence hall standard double occupancy rates, classic meal plan. This equates to approximately $8,120 per academic year before taxes.
- Potentially renewable each year upon successful application process, performance evaluation, full-time credit status, good academic standing and exemplary discipline standing, specifically: (a) a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75, with no semester below a 2.0; and, (b) good disciplinary standing, free of sanctions and/or convictions.